Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Blackbird Earrings


Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting 
for this moment to arrive

You have to love a good Beatles song on a rainy Monday!

I created these blackbird earrings for my fall collection - they fit so many themes during this time of year.  I  see them as playful crows on an autumn day or the blackest of ravens in a haunting forest or as blackbirds offering hope to those who need to remember to lift their wings and soar.  

Read more about these Raven Forest Earrings.

1 comment:

  1. I love the dark simplicity of these! The texture on your birdies looks like pebble-grained leather, very cool! I love them with just the touch of bright brass, and then the darker wire "nests" you made.

    ReplyDelete