Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

At The Beach Earrings



I named these At The Beach because I am (as this is being posted) at the beach! Probably the last of our 90 degree weather here in WA and we decided to go to the ocean where it's in the mid 60's. That's fine with me! I love the beach and I love camping. 

We are headed to a spot that is also near the Hoh Rainforest. I am hoping to re-charge my creative batteries and gain inspiration. I have never come home from a trip to the forest or to the ocean feeling uninspired. So, I am really looking forward to it! 

My inspiration for these? The beach of course! See my Washington State Pinterest board for more of where my inspiration comes from. 


However, I actually collected these beach glass (or sea-glass) pieces while visiting California. I have very fond memories of that vacation and still draw inspiration from it. 

The bright and shimmering Kyanite seem to fit very comfortably with the frosty white glass. Our Pacific Ocean  (like I own it?) *usually does not look *that blue. But it still reminds me of water and of the ocean, non the less. 

I've gathered my components around hand-forged, fine silver hoops and hammered dangle charms. Hand stamped with little star-fishes. Oxidized and hand polished on the high spots to show off their character. 

Available at ArtAndSoulJewelry.com 
Cindy


7 comments:

  1. I love everything about these earrings Cindy!! I can totally see where the inspiration came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful earrings. I love your Washington State Pinterest Board. We have traveled to many states but have yet to get to Washington State and Oregon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous you're by the sea! It's my place and I don't get to see it enough at all. Delicious combo in these earrings - that glass and the kyanite... and such *cute* charms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beach glass and these earrings are fab! They could be everyday earrings for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those earrings are just perfect and say "Beach" very well! Love the combination of kyanite and the frosty white sea glass and those little starfish dangles. Lynn Carling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh I love these earrings. They have everything that I love, beach glass, blue stones, rustic silver starfish. Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore these! They make me think of blue sky and puffy clouds on a sunny day. Yes, the kyanite is perfect with the sea glass! Your silver headpins are utterly charming, as always, and I love those oval rings. (So glad you're still working in metal.)

    ReplyDelete