Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Beaded Bead Earrings

Sue Kennedy of Sue Beads is well known for her beautiful lampwork glass beads and headpins.  But did you know that she also makes amazing beaded beads in the coolest color combos?  As of this writing, she doesn't have any of her beaded beads in her shop, but she had a nice selection of them in her booth at Bead Fest. I made sure to snag a pair and now that I am back home, I wish I had gotten several additional pairs.
Sue Kennedy and Jason Moninger, Sue's boyfriend/booth assistant, at Bead Fest.
These earrings were the very first thing that I made from my Bead Fest stash! They didn't need much additional embellishment, because the beaded beads were already so intricate. All I did was add an antiqued brass bead at the bottom and then topped them with a brass colored glass disc and an amethyst.  Squee!  I just love them!  You can find them in my Etsy shop.


-Linda

9 comments:

  1. These are beautiful. I've always loved beaded beads. I love the colors and design of these, and your additions accent them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beaded beads and I've used several pair of Sue's wonderful creations. These are gorgeous, so colorful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I love the colors with the brass Linda. Great job! What a treat to have gone to bead fest! I bet you found lost of fun beads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cheerful! I had never heard of 'beaded beads', this is way cool! I wish we had nice events up here like BeadFest. Lucky girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are--dare I say it again--FUN!! Lots of design options with those.

    ReplyDelete