Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Esnorkeling"

Caribbean Copper Enamel Earrings

I can't help it! Those of us who haven't already been on a winter getaway are yearning for warm sunny beaches and clear blue green waters where we can play and forget for a time that winter is not yet over. My husband and I like the Riviera Maya, south of Cancun, where there are so many old Mayan ruins and beautiful places to go snorkeling, or as the natives tend to say "esnorkeling".

My earring design captures the colors of the Caribbean with tropical blue recycled glass, rugged turquoise and gorgeous enameled copper drops by Cathleen Zaring of BlueHareArtWear on Etsy. I used bronze accents and copper wire to wrap the stacked beads and blend the textures together.













Gloria Ewing
Chrysalis Too on Etsy
Chrysalis Tribal Jewelry

9 comments:

  1. Wow, as stunning as the Caribbean itself! That enamel is to die for, and you've chosen just the right companions for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't mind test driving these or going to the Caribbean...perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and design for these earrings! You could NOT have picked a more perfect picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful earrings! Love the colors, so summery and beachy! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful Gloria! Your design and components totally take me snorkeling! And make me want to go to Mexico! You've really managed to pull rustic and beautiful together. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esnorkeling - love that! Those matchsticks are dead ringers for tropical underwater paradise - beautiful! Ah, I can hear the waves now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really say that huh? lol, I've never heard it before. The earrings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've transported me to the Caribbean... what a wonderful pair of earrings. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

    ReplyDelete