Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Arabesque




I used to design with Thai Hilltribe silver quite a bit 10 or 15 years ago.
I was bringing kilos of it back from my travels to Chiang Mai Thailand 
I sold loads of the loose beads and earrings until the price of silver went sky high.
There was a noticeable shift in both my work and of the designers I had been associating with.
In came the copper and the mixed metals which I welcomed heartily.

Recently I have kind of been missing designing with my Thai silver so I dug out a couple of these intricately woven wafers and paired them with some dangles I made with The Blue Bottle Tree's wonderful Rustic Polymer clay tutorial. If you've never worked with polymer clay I totally recommend her tutorial. These charms were from my first experience ever using polymer clay.
They are light, long and swingy and certainly unique. 

Enjoy your week!
Kimberly Rogers
www.numinositybeads.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/numinositybeads
https://www.pinterest.com/numinosity/

3 comments:

  1. I love both components you used in these earrings, they are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the contrast between the charms that have a rustic feel and the high polish on the silver components. I love to mix metals and textures so this speaks to me! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those Hill Tribe beads! What a fabby first go with polymer!!

    ReplyDelete