Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

We're All Ears :: September Inspiration

"Geometric shapes hold an energy pattern, and scientists did some experiments which say certain geometric shapes can affect matter around them. It's simply because when a human looks at a shape, they instantly receive energy from their brain."  ~Tom DeLonge

That is exactly what I thought when I watched this mesmerizing performance art from Japanese dance and art troupe ENRA.




ENRA’ is a visual dance performance troupe from Japan performing stunningly unique animation-based digital performances. The images used in the performances are not attuned to the dancers, but interactively staged in a way never imagined before. The members of ENRA are experts in genres including martial arts, gymnastics, ballet, animation, dance, juggling and street dance.

'Torque Starter' is a feast for the mind. Using stunning visual effects combined with the perfectly timed movement of a lone performer who is juggling a lighted ball, 'Torque Starter' is filled with a frenetic energy and a host of geometrical shapes and images. Because the video is completely in black and white, the shapes become the dancers, morphing into one another at every turn and transforming the blank 'canvas' of the screen into a living painting, or almost more like calligraphy, with the absence of any color. 

I have watched this several times and each time I see something different. One time I might try to focus on each element as it moves across the screen. Another time, I might narrow my vision on the dancing orb of light that the juggler is spinning, almost blurring the rest of the images. It becomes almost meditative, except for the hyperactive pace. As I have viewed this multiple times, I have been sketching, and like Tom DeLonge said, the shapes are bringing an energy to my brain. I can see components forming from the geometry that is being imprinted on my brain each time I start the video over. So tell me...


What shapes are you most drawn to?

Without color to rely on this month, the shapes and forms will certainly take precedent in your designs and I am excited to see what you come up with!


Show us your interpretation of this mesmerizing mix of art, graphics, music, shape and light!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To participate in the We're All Ears creative challenge:


Make earrings inspired by this inspiration.
Write a post on your blog.
Add your exact blog post URL link to the
InLinkz code right here on 
Friday, September 18th.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


3 comments:

  1. Thank you , Erin, for sharing this mesmerizing video. It has definitely stimulated my creativity.Amazing video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a very interesting inspiration. Gets the creative juices flowing!! Thank you Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very unique performance. I've never seen anything like this before. Thank you, Erin -- you've broaden my horizons, again :)))

    ReplyDelete