Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

New Dress - New Jewelry

My brother is getting married this weekend, which seems like a fine reason for me to treat myself to a new dress.
 And with a new dress, comes the need for matching jewelry. Its hard to really see the pattern in the fabric from a distance.  Here's a close-up.  Lots of pretty jewel tones to work with in designing coordinating jewelry. 
Of course I'm still making jewelry the night before our flight to L.A. for the wedding. Its 9:30 p.m. and the earrings are done.  The necklace is only about half complete and I haven't even packed yet.  At this rate, I may be finishing the necklace in the hotel hours before the big event.  Oy !
The saucer shaped beads are Thai Hill Tribe beads that I bought long ago when such things were affordable!  I dangled 3 lengths of silver chain beneath the silver beads.
I placed Swarovski crystals above the silver beads and wire wrapped crystals to the end of each chain dangle.  The crystals are turquoise but they have an emerald green AB finish on one side, so they accent the 2 main colors in the dress.  And people keep telling me that L.A. style includes more bling than I'm used to.  So I definitely have the bling thing going on here.
 The necklace has Swarovski crystals too and some beautiful lampwork glass beads.  I'll share it on my blog after the wedding. 
Hope you are enjoying sunny weather!  L.A, will be hot!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely earrings to go with your dress Linda.
    I wish you and your family a wonderful wedding and your brother and his wife a happy, joyful life together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress and gorgeous earrings!
    I hope the day goes well and you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, you absolutely nailed the earrings for the dress. Love those Hill Tribe beads, and sure wish they were more affordable. :) I hope the wedding was fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, you absolutely nailed the earrings for the dress. Love those Hill Tribe beads, and sure wish they were more affordable. :) I hope the wedding was fun and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect bits of bling for a festive occasion! I love the colors of the dress and would love to see what necklace you whipped up as well. Congratulations to the happy couple for a life filled with love. Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete